Lexington Law is one of the best know credit repair companies in the US, but it’s far from the only one. Many other companies offer similar services, and some get better customer reviews. Check out these Lexington Law alternatives before making a choice!
Why Consider Lexington Law Alternatives
Lexington Law is a popular credit repair company, but it may not be the right choice for everyone. They do not offer a money-back guarantee. They are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have a C- BBB rating.
Some clients have reported hidden charges, such as initial setup fees. There are also complaints from customers who say they were still billed after unsubscribing.
Lexington Law is also facing a lawsuit from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), alleging illegal marketing and billing practices.
Many Lexington Law customers do report satisfaction, but as with any financial service, you should shop around before making a decision.
📚 Read our full review of Lexington Law to learn more about their services.
Top 3 Alternatives to Lexington Law Credit Repair
We selected these companies as the best overall alternatives to Lexington Law based on price, service, and results:
All three companies are our choice for the overall best credit repair services as well. The detailed reviews should help you choose the one that best fits your situation.
⚠️ No credit repair company can guarantee that legitimate accounts will be removed from your record. Disputing accurate information is generally a waste of time, so paying someone to do it for you may not be something you want to do.
1. Credit Saint
Credit Saint is BBB-accredited and carries an A rating. The company has operated since 2004.
Their program operates in 45-day cycles, and you’ll receive regular reports informing you of negative items deleted from your credit history. Credit Saint’s 90-day repayment guarantee backs the program.
Credit Saint offers three levels of service: Credit Premium, Credit Remodel, and Credit Polish. Not all customers need higher levels.
Credit Saint customers give the company generally high marks:
- Onboarding is said to be professional and complete.
- Pricing is clear and there are no reports of overcharging or billing after services are terminated.
- Effectiveness is mixed, with reported credit score increases from 7 to 200 points. Some reviewers may have unrealistic expectations.
- Customer service after the onboarding process gets mixed reviews, with some customers complaining of long hold times and multiple calls.
Credit Saint is known for sticking to its money-back guarantee, although there is not much guidance for customers who want their money back.
No complaints have been filed with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or CFPB.
📚 Want to know more?
Read our full review of Credit Saint
Lexington Law vs Credit Saint detailed comparison
2. Sky Blue
Sky Blue has been in business since 1989. It is customer friendly and has experienced staff that allows plans to rebuild and optimize credit. Sky Blue isn’t BBB accredited but is rated A+.
Results are not guaranteed. It has helped some clients in just a couple of months, while others said they were enrolled for a year and didn’t see a single result. Other customers reported an increase of 100 points.
Customer reviews are largely positive:
- Onboarding is fast and easy, with clear explanations.
- Pricing: Overall, reviews for pricing are great. One review claims overcharging.
- Effectiveness: Results are 50-50. They helped some customers within just one to a few months while some claimed they were enrolled for a year and saw not a single result. Based on reviews, customers got up to a 100+ score increase.
- Customer service: Blue Sky gets positive reviews. Customers say they respond promptly and contacting them is easy.
No Complaints have been filed with the FTC or CFPB.
Sky Blue Credit uses a cycle of 35 days, ten days faster than the typical 45-day cycle most credit repair firms use.
Read our full review of Sky Blue
3. Ovation Credit Services
Ovation is BBB-accredited and rated A+. This is one of the few companies that offer an upgrade service that allows you to add an option anytime.
It also offers various discounts ranging from $30-$50 and 10%-20% for:
- senior discounts
- military discounts
- couples discounts
Ovation provides free credit advice, customized customer dashboards, 24/7 access to financial tools, and credit monitoring.
Customer reviews are mixed:
- Onboarding is generally said to be professional, though some reviewers complained that salespeople were pushy.
- Pricing received some complaints, with some clients claiming that they were still charged even after they canceled their subscriptions.
- Effectiveness also gets mixed reports. Some reviews say it took some time to see results, although there are also reports that their scores improved in just a short time.
- Customer service: generally positive. Case advisors are knowledgeable and extremely helpful to their clients.
As with all credit repair companies, complaints about effectiveness may be related to unrealistic expectations. Customers expecting legitimate, verifiable negative accounts to be removed are bound to be disappointed.
All of the recommended companies provide very similar services.
- Free consultation to analyze your credit report, identify disputable records and recommend a course of action.
- Disputing credit report entries with credit bureaus.
- Debt validation letters to force creditors to confirm information.
- Hard inquiry removal.
- Complaints to government agencies.
- Credit monitoring, identity theft protection, and other continuing services.
Not all companies offer all of these services, and some may be offered in a company’s higher-priced packages. It’s important to clarify what services you need.
The chart below will help you compare our recommendations head to head.
|Lexington Law||Credit Saint||Sky Blue||Ovation|
|First Work Fee||$59.95|
|Dispute negative items||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Disputes||No||In most expensive plan||Yes||In most expensive plan|
|Debt validation||No||No||Yes||Yes (for the most expensive plans only)|
|Further actions (Goodwill letters, Debt Settlement, Pay for delete negotiations)|
|No||Goodwill letters, debt settlement, cease and desist||Goodwill letters and personalized recommendation letters to potential lenders (both for the most expensive plan only)|
|Stop debt collector contacts||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Credit monitoring||Yes in the most expensive |
|Yes in most expensive plans||No||Yes in the most expensive plan|
|Upgrades||No||No||No||Yes (Can add options at any time)|
|Complaints filed with FTC, CFPB, and Government Actions||Yes||No||No||No|
|Customer review||BBB: 1.97/5|
Google reviews 4.5/5
Google reviews: 4.3/5
Google reviews: 3.6/5
 90-day money back guarantee if no negative items are removed
 90-day refund policy if requested within 90 days of enrollment
 No-Risk Refund Policy: if failed to provide agreed upon services, no fee will be charged for that month
Do You Really Need a Credit Repair Company?
Many credit repair companies advertise themselves as the solution to all credit problems, but the truth is that they don’t do anything for you that you couldn’t do yourself.
If your credit report is complex, you have numerous disputable entries, and the whole process leaves you completely confused, you might be better off with a credit repair company.
If your credit problems are relatively simple and your credit report has only a few negative entries, a DIY approach might serve you better. Remember, there is no way to force credit bureaus to remove records that are accurate and verifiable, and you can dispute inaccurate records yourself.