Most of us know how to spend money with our phones. It’s convenient but the impact on your budget can be severe. Learning how to make money with your phone can reverse that trend and put money into your pocket instead of taking it out.
Here’s a list of the top fifteen side phone-driven side hustles. Read on for a closer look at each of these opportunities.
The Best Ways To Make Money With Your Phone in 2023
1. Go on Walks
Countless apps have started rewarding people for their steps, giving them gift cards, discounts, or cash. If you like going on walks or you walk to your job, such apps can be an excellent way to make some money. They might not pay massive amounts of cash, but they can also be great motivators for getting healthier and going green.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $0.10–$75 per month.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps like Evidation, Paceline, LifeCoin, Miles, Sweatcoin, etc.
🚶 Learn more: Understanding the consequences and benefits of walking away from debt can be enlightening.
2. Sell Your Browsing Data
The simplest way of earning extra money without doing anything you wouldn’t normally do is by selling your data. All it takes is downloading an app that’ll work in the background while you browse away like you usually do. Of course, many people are uncomfortable selling their data, which is entirely understandable, and that’s why we’ve included various other ways.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $5–$100 per month.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Look for websites like Tapestri or Nielsen, etc.
3. Sell Stock Photos
Even the cheapest mobile phones come with quite capable cameras nowadays, and you can put those cameras to good use to make some extra cash. You can use your phone to create stock photos and videos, which earn a dollar every few downloads, or pay cash per photo or video.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $0.25–$120 per image.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps such as Shutterstock, Dreamstime, Foap, etc.
📸 Learn more: Turning passion into profit? There’s a list of hobbies that can do just that.
4. Complete Surveys
Surveys are probably the most well-known method when considering how to make money with your phone. They’ve been a popular online money-making avenue for over a decade. Although they’re trendy and often the first thing people try, the money they make is nothing to write home about. However, when you’re not busy, a few minutes of your time can make you a few bucks, and it all counts.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $1–$5 per day, with rare surveys offering up to $50.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Websites like OneOpinion, Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, PrizeRebel, etc.
5. Watch Videos
Watching videos, which often includes watching ads, can be a simple way to make some side money. However, it’s worth noting that such apps don’t necessarily pay well, with the earning potential being much lower than minimum wage. Don’t be fooled by websites claiming you can get $100 per hour for watching TikToks. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it!
- 💸 Earning Potential: $0.10–$0.25 per video, depending on the websites you use.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps like PrizeRebel, Swagbucks, MyPoints, Nielsen, iRazoo, InboxDollars, etc.
6. Play Mobile Games
Most of us know that surveys and video ads pay, but did you know you can also make money by playing mobile games? Even downloading a game is sometimes enough to get paid a few cents or dollars, but tasks often range from doing specific actions in the game to testing the game’s mechanics. Of course, gambling games also exist, but they can lose money as easily as they can make money.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $1–$20 per day, depending on the type of games you’re into.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps such as Bubble Cash (Apple Store, Google Play Store), Swagbucks, MyPoints, etc.
🎮 Learn more: Combining gaming elements with financial decisions? Robinhood’s at the forefront of that, and there’s an analysis on this, just by the way.
Although it’s certainly not a “get rich quick” method, investing can be a fantastic way to learn how to make money with your phone in the long run. Such apps require starting capital and knowledge you can acquire as you get started. The amount you earn depends on how good your investments are, and you can either lose your capital or make thousands of dollars.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $0–unlimited, depending on your starting capital, time horizon, and investments.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps such as Acorns, Betterment, Robinhood, Fidelity, E-Trade, etc.
8. Manage Social Media Accounts
Companies and businesses on social media websites often need help engaging with their audience, especially the younger portion of their audience. That’s why social media manager jobs are popping off everywhere and becoming increasingly popular as work-from-home jobs.
These jobs include overseeing various social media accounts and profiles on multiple networks and developing new ways to market products and services or engage customers.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $10–$30 per hour, depending on your skill and experience.
- 🔎 Getting Started: You can message businesses on social media or look for work on LinkedIn, Upwork, Freelancer, etc.
9. Edit Videos
Modern video editing software often requires high-end computer components, which can be costly. However, our smartphones also have powerful processors that can handle simple video editing tasks. So, if you love editing your videos for Instagram reels or TikToks, you might be able to work as a video editor on smaller projects that don’t require much processing power.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $5–$25 per hour, depending on your skill and your phone’s processor.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Websites like Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, etc.
🎥 Learn more: Uncover a range of side hustles specifically designed for the strengths of introverts.
10. Do Copywriting
Although copywriting is undoubtedly a job more geared towards desktop and laptop users, your smartphone is perfectly capable of helping you write, which is confirmed by the massive number of messages you probably send every day.
AI tools can help by formatting your texts, giving you ideas on what to write, or writing paragraphs that you can revise later.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $5–$20 per hour, depending on your experience and skill.
- 🔎 Getting Started: You can look into websites like Fiverr, Freelancer, LinkedIn, Upwork, etc.
11. Sell Your Old Items
Whether you’re looking to learn how to make money with your phone, are in financial trouble and need to make quick cash, or just want to declutter your home or wardrobe, selling your old items on various apps and websites is an excellent way to earn money. However, it’s worth noting that this will be a one-time thing and not a regular side hustle, as you can only sell items once. If you take to it, though, you can go full time by scouring thrift shops and garage sales for items that you can resell at higher prices.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $5–$1,000, depending on how much you sell.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps like eBay, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, Poshmark, etc.
12. Sell Handmade Items
If you’re good with your hands and love creating handmade goods, you can create a little online store and make a decent amount of cash from your hobby. Whether we’re talking about jewelry, wooden furniture, vases, or paintings, an online store can be a fantastic side hustle that might even replace your primary job, depending on your passion and success.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $2–$500 per item, depending on what you make.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps like Etsy, Shopify, Artfire, Facebook Marketplace, Instagram, etc.
13. Make Logos
Using your phone for designing can turn into a profitable venture, especially if you’re wondering how to make money with your phone. Creating logos can be an excellent side hustle if you’re into sketching, designing, or drawing. Your phone can help you design immaculate logos to sell to various individuals and businesses. You will need to be constantly active, follow emerging trends, be highly creative, and make catchy logo designs that attract the attention of buyers to succeed.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $1–$100 per logo, depending on your skill.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Websites like New Glue or LogoGround etc.
14. Become a Virtual Assistant
As the world becomes more digital, many traditional jobs, such as being an assistant, are also becoming virtual. You no longer need to spend time in an office, as you can do each task on the phone and from the comfort of your home. Although experience isn’t always required, communication, punctuality, and management skills can go a long way.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $10–$40 per hour, depending on your skills and resume.
- 🔎 Getting Started: Apps like Fancy Hands, Upwork, ChatterBoss, Freelancer, Stuff, Zirtual, etc.
15. Create Memes
In today’s digital age, figuring out how to make money with your phone has become increasingly popular. One notable method is ‘memeing.’ While it might appear similar to traditional social media manager jobs, it’s a unique and fantastic avenue for earning. Emerging businesses seek “memers” to help their social media accounts, as quality memes can gain more views and likes and are easily shared. Companies seek people who follow (and lead) trends to create the best possible ads, attract younger audiences, and spread the word organically.
- 💸 Earning Potential: $5–$50 per meme, depending on your skill and reputation.
- 🔎 Getting Started: You can message businesses on social media.
📊 Learn more: Meme stocks were the talk of the town; find out where they stand now in the financial landscape.
How to Make Money With Your Phone: Conclusion
Learning how to make money with your phone can transform the way you view your device. Smartphones are more than tools for scrolling through Instagram, TikTok or watching YouTube videos. They can help you make extra money on the side or even turn your couch job into your primary business, as they allow users to access countless money-making opportunities.